2 cups self rising flour
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 1/2 cups mashed bananas (roughly 3 overriped and 4 very ripe)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup coarsely chopped peacans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Mix together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the bananas and eggs until well blended
- Add sifted flour and stir until blended
- Add pecans
- Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pans for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely. Wrap in aluminum foil to keep in the moisture.
Note: If you use smaller foil pan, you will need to cook the bread for about 20-30 minutes longer.