Our plan is to buy 10 lbs of corn kernels and place them in a large Tupperware sealed container. When it is time to party hard with some popcorn, it will be a matter of scooping out a few table spoons of this delicious treat and cooking them in a frying pan. That's right, no microwave action on our boat so we will be making popcorn the old fashioned way, in a pan.
Cooking old school popcorn is quite trivial.
- Get a frying pan with a fitted lid
- Out some type of oil in it to help keep the kernels from sticking (canola oil works fine)
- Heat the pan until you can drop a single kernel in and it pops
- Take a few table spoons of kernels and put them in the pan
- Put the lid on quickly!!!
- Shake the pan around every 30 seconds to ensure that none of the kernels are sticking
- Once you stop hearing pops, take the pan off the flame
- Dump the popped corn into a bowl
- Add in seasonings (cinnamon is good, so is garlic, but the old stand by of salt and butter works too!)